Tuesday 19 April 2011

JUST ONE OF THOSE MAILS...OR SO I THOUGHT

It's 8am and i just got into the office. I'm settling in, doing all i have to do; sorting out files, working on some report, blah blah, blah. And,GBOOM! It just hit me, "I'm supposed to have sent a very crucial mail at 7.30am". What in the world was i thinking? By the way, i've decided to go online and log into my mailbox. Wait a minute, I just noticed a mail titled "URGENT, PLEASE READ". Pondering and wondering, yet kinda ignoring what the mail entailed because i've got  something really important to do, like..."send a mail", remember?

Okay, this is it. I'm done sending the mail and out of curiosity, i'm reading the initial mail that caught my attention. My God, it's really heart rending to find or be in the know of what alot of people are going through. Anyway, Below is a content of the mail, and if you ask me, I'd say it's a MUST-READ indeed.

"Dearest Helen,

I've been an ardent follower of DEFINING MOMENTS on face book for a while now and i've been blessed by your articles. It's really been a hard year for me, the more i try to get a grip of myself, the more i slip away. Having noticed your facebook status yesterday on how you've finally started a blog, i decided to check it out. When i was done, i just felt convinced that it was about time i shared my story.

I am 20 years old and i currently live with a dear aunt of mine in Lagos. Four years ago while living with my parents in Enugu, something strange happened to me. A male cousin of mine came to the house to visit as he regularly did. My parents had gone out, so it was just he and i at home. We were playing our usual scrabble game and i won him twice. After the game, he gave me some money to go buy a bottle of coke for myself. I ran out quickly and then returned. I had began drinking and we decided to play another game. After a few minutes, he said he was thirsty and pleaded that i go get him another bottle of Coke. So i hurriedly ran out to return quickly so that he wouldn't alter the game or try anything funny. I came back we played a while and all i could remember is me waking up at 6pm with so much cramps in my lower abdomen and a little blood stain on the bed.

Seeing i had stained the bed, i felt i had lost count of my menstrual cycle. So i stood up washed up and went to buy a sanitary towel, but i was still feeling some pains afterwards. I told my mum about it, and she said it would pass and she gave me pain reliever. The blood didn't flow for very long, and that surprised me, but i shoved it off and decided to focus on other things. Three months after, i began noticing some changes in my body. My mum called me and asked me some funny questions like "Am i pregnant"? Helen, this was the point where i began dinning with fear. All the signs proved that my mum couldn't have been lying. But then again, if she were right, how could it have been. As fas as i was concerned, i was still a virgin.

To cut the long story short, i was confirmed pregnant by the doctor after a test. But the question remained HOW? My both parents beat me severally saying that i was concealing the identity of the man responsible. Helen, tell me, how on earth can i conceal such seriousness when i didn't even know who it was or how it happened. After several months of tears and worry, the thought eventually came to me. The thought of the day i bought coke for my cousin and i. But many times, i kept refuting such thought. Finally, i realized that was the only clue i had, my only alibi and so i had to tell my parents. Of course no one believed my cousin was capable of such, not even i. Well daddy decided to call him home for some questioning, and after several threats, he confessed that he had drugged my bottle of Coke when i went to buy his and when i had fallen into a deep sleep, he had his way with me.

This is all that's left of me
Now, my son is four. He's brought me alot of sorrow. He doesn't know he's mine because i can't bring myself to tell him. I get to visit him sometimes and he thinks i'm his elder sister and that's totally fine with me. My relationship with my best friends(my parents) are now really strained. They say i have brought shame to my family. It's been four years but the ordeal still keeps haunting me and i haven't set eyes on my parents since the birth of my child. He stay at my grandmum's because she's the only one who accepted to take him in and as far as he's concerned, that's the mother he's grown to know. I really do not know what to do. I don't even think i can be a good mother to him and i hate my parents for abandoning me when i needed them the most. Helen, this whole ordeal has changed me into becoming something i can't even recognize. Please i really need help.
(I DON'T MIND THIS BEING PUBLISHED ON YOUR BLOG, PERHAPS THERE MIGHT BE SOMEONE WHO HAS GONE THROUGH THE EXACT SAME THING AND HER CONTRIBUTION MIGHT HELP ME)".

Darlings,she obviously needs our help. Please feel free to leave your comments and suggestions.
(You can also send me a mail about certain complex moments in your life that you wish to share with us, you never know, God can bring you healing through someone's soothing words)

DEFINE SOMEONE'S LIFE WITH DEFINING MOMENTS TODAY


...............MaKe YoUr LiFe CoUnT........................

3 comments:

  1. there is someone that can be your parents or your all in all, his name is JESUS CHRIST.if you have not embrace him before am using this opportunity to introduce him to you. He is the only one that could help or show you the way out in this situation. As per your son plsx3 don't abandon him like your parents did to you. he needs your love as a mother, moreover the wonderful boy should not be paying for the sin he knows nothing about. Reading through your story shows you still have a heart, all you need is to summon the courage and embrace the little one and FIGHT YOUR WORST FEAR. remember fear is define as false evidence appearing Real.
    ABOVE ALL WITH JESUS EVERY SHAME SHALL BE TURN INTO DOUBLE PROMOTION....CAST YOUR BURDEN ON HIM TODAY...TRADE YOUR SORROW, PAIN, SHAME..LAY IT ALL DOWN FOR THE JOY OF THE LORD....I RELEASE DIVINE GRACE TO SAIL THROUGH THIS STORM UPON YOU IN JESUS NAME.AMEN...SHALOM....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously touched by this girls story, be it fictitious or reality, there is only one thing to do. Ask our father in heaven for direction in life, your condition should never define you, is TIME to move on dear...MAY GOD HELP YOU..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sincerely do empathise with you, I know what its like to have been a victim of rape. I hope my story will encourage you in some way.
    I was raped 12yrs ago at age 18+ and lost my virginity during the horrible ordeal. In my case, it was perpetrated by a group of boys but for God's mercy I wasn't pregnant. Following the ordeal I was very upset, angry amongst other things. The only people that knew about my ordeal were my immediate younger sister, very close friends and my husband, never told my parents or guardian.

    For the first time in my life I cursed, I rained curses on the boys on a daily basis and wished them evil all the days of their lives. 6 months after, I gave my life to Christ and knew I had to forgive them, God's grace enabled me to do this and I also began to pray and reverse every curse I had rained on them in the previous months. My burden was lifted completely, God healed me emotionally, physically and in every area. I've since began to enjoy the goodness and mercies of God. I'm happily married to wonderful loving husband, who is also a born again Christian.
    We've been married for almost 2yrs and expecting our first child. In God's goodness he gave me a virgin to marry as my husband had never known any woman nor been in any relationship before me.

    I implore you to start by forgiving your cousin,parents and any other person as you need to free yourself from the burden.
    This will be made easy by inviting Jesus into your life as your Lord and saviour. He is the only one who can heal ur wounds and restore whatever you might have lost and as earlier advised, do not neglect or hate your child. Remain blessed

    ReplyDelete